When the check comes on a first date

I’m like,

Nope, Can’t find it!

Tags: , , , , ,

18 Comments on “When the check comes on a first date”

1. Deborah DeLong April 19, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

It’s my test for first dates. I offer to split, and if they accept, I’m out of there!! 🙂

2. Rubarbs April 19, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

me too!

3. geminiunleashed April 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

What happened to women’s equality?

• sorryiamnotsorry April 19, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

read my post on splitting the check on the first date: https://sorryiamnotsorry.com/2012/03/11/why-splitting-the-check-can-split-you-up/
      You’ll find that I believe expenses should be equal between partners throughout the course of a relationship, but that the man should pay on the first date.

• geminiunleashed April 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Isn’t that old world dating rules? If you split on the first date then you both are equally invested opposed to the female getting a free meal.

• sorryiamnotsorry April 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

I can tell you haven’t read the blog post, or you would have realized that my perspective is anything but.

• geminiunleashed April 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

I just did 🙂

• sorryiamnotsorry April 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm #

appreciate you taking the time to read that! 🙂

4. shetraces April 19, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

If you don’t think I’m at least worth to be treated for the FIRST meal..then there’s problems.

5. Stephanie April 19, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

Agreed. I went on a first date with someone I met online in which he asked me to go to dinner and when the bill came I definitely did the “dig in my purse” but he did not stop me when I pulled out my card! I get it’s an non traditional world out there but one thing that will always be traditional in my book is guy pays for first date, or don’t ask a girl to dinner!

6. singer51781 April 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

I don’t know what it is, but it seems right to me too for some reason. It also makes me feel special, and probably makes some men feel good too. I’ve taken my guys out to lots of dinners and dates. I think I’ve paid way more than my share, though. My problem is, if the guy is taking me to expensive restaurants, It may be out of my budget to pay for those types of dates. What do I do???!!!

7. jennysserendipity April 20, 2012 at 6:52 am #

My answer is the same as comment number #1

8. Bruce April 20, 2012 at 8:25 am #

Stick with tradition. I always paid for dinner if I asked a girl out. Always paid after that as well unless the relationship became really long term. It wasn’t something a guy thought about. Downside; no money, no dinner date.

• neenergyobserver April 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

Bruce, I couldn’t agree more. If I invite, I pay, no exceptions. If invited, I MIGHT be willing to let somebody but its not a given, then either.

9. lipstickandplaydates April 21, 2012 at 5:31 am #

A very wise boss gave me a good tip about when the check comes. That’s when you head to the bathroom, re-do your make up, freshen up. To this day, I still use that trick.