24 Comments on “Halloween: The Aftermath…Lessons from the Wreckage”

1. reddiamondd November 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

Cool 🙂

2. pharphelonus November 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

I kinda love the whole slutty costume aspect. LOL

3. Katie November 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

I have obviously been doing something wrong or going to the wrong parties. 8)

• sorryiamnotsorry November 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Just follow the naughty nurses. They always know where the party is at 😉 Thanks for reading! xx

4. jayne ayres November 3, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Love the Van Picture!

5. jensine November 3, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

i had to look after 2 teens so was very good

6. jalal michael sabbagh November 3, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

Absolutely fantastic post,party customs .jalal

7. John the Aussie November 4, 2012 at 1:32 am #

Slutoween costumes rock…

8. Freedom, by the way November 4, 2012 at 10:15 am #

Outrageously funny post. Loved your take on the conversation with the juvi go-go girl: “it’s the one night a year where you can be whatever you want to be. That is a lovely concept, but if it were true, it would appear that females almost universally want to be sluts.”

9. The Green Study November 4, 2012 at 10:16 am #

All I can say was that it used to be so much simpler and wholesome when I was younger. You’d dress up in your Rocky Horror Picture Show costume, bring a loaf of bread to throw at the movie screen (and to soak up all the booze you sloshed down the front of your corset) and bang the usher on the way out of the theater. Kids these days….

10. The Hook November 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

This was brilliant! One of the best reads I’ve come across in.. too long, actually!

• sorryiamnotsorry November 4, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Thank you so much for your comment! Made my day 🙂 xx

11. kindredspirit23 November 4, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Found this, just in case:
    “Samhain was the original festival that the Western Christian calendar moved its “All Saints’ Day” to (Eastern Christians continue to celebrate All Saints’ Day in the spring, as the Roman Christians had originally). Since the Celts, like many cultures, started every day at sunset of the night before, Samhain became the “evening” of “All Hallows” (“hallowed” = “holy” = “saint”) which was eventually contracted into “Hallow-e’en” or the modern “Halloween.”
    From: http://www.neopagan.net/Halloween-Origins.html

Hilarious Post! I loved it!!!
    Scott

12. Smile November 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

I had to do my “walk of shame” covered in fake blood and ripped up zombie clothes. I have to say it was pretty awesome when an old lady asked me if I had a “bloody affair”.

13. ernestwhile November 12, 2012 at 3:44 pm #

#7 is definitely the One. Don’t be the only person at work in costume, or at least, don’t half-ass it. Then people will wonder if it IS a costume, or if you’re just a crappy dresser.

I worked some long hours on Halloween this year and when I got to my bar and it was filled with hipsters in costumes, I was a little irritated. When the third person asked me what my costume was, I just snarled “Irony”. Hushed respect followed.

I got free booze the rest of the night.

14. Jessica's Imagination December 19, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

I have nominated you #3 for a Very Inspirational Blog Award…Congratulations for being so inspiring! You can visit this post here…

15. jalal michael sabbagh.http://gravatar.com/jmsabbagh86@gmail.com December 26, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

Wishing you joyous new year.jalal

16. Subhan Zein January 6, 2013 at 12:34 am #

Number 4 is hilarious, hahaha. Surely the Halloween was fun, and now Happy New Year to you, hope it’s not too late! May 2013 be a year of success and happiness for you.. 🙂

Subhan Zein